Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Brooke Fraser live in concert

A lot of you probably do not know who Brooke Fraser is. She is is an award-winning New Zealand Singer/Songwriter. She is also one of the principal worship leaders of one of my favourite Christian worship bands, Hillsong United. She has written recent worship favourites Hosanna, None but Jesus, Lord of Lords, and the latest, You'll come (a GREAT song)
She was quite witty with her humour and stories. She was great on the keys too!
This guy, Matt Hires, opened up for Brooke. He's only 22! He actually started with You are my Sunshine...which resulted in quite a confused reaction from the crowd. He ended up doing a good job...nice sounding guitar, and I bought his EP and got him to sign it:

The concert took place at Richards on Richards, an old-school club in downtown Vancouver. Brooke told us that the club was gonna get torn down soon to make room for high rises. It was weird seeing a christian artist in a club where minors under 19 weren't allowed. She ended up NOT singing any of her hillsong songs, but only her own songs and a couple covers. Hopefully I'll have time to do a quick video. I brought my Canon, but was surprised to see at least two people with large SLRS! I did not know you could get away with those at concerts!

This is her guitarist. I can't remember his name right now, but he was very good.

Here is a video of her best song, Hosanna, off the albums ALL OF THE ABOVE.

No comments: