Tuesday, July 29, 2008

From Khao Lak to Krabi!

Scroll down to the Santhiya post to see a video I just uploaded.

These first pics were taken last night, still in Khao Lak. We had read on tripadvisor.com about this amazing Italian restaurant. Well, it was so good that we went two nights in a row. Here I am taking a photo with three of the five cooks. These guys were hilarious...they kept dancing to the top 40 playing. You can see the wood-burning pizza oven in the background.

Pizza di frutti di mare

As I mentioned previously, we hired a driver to drive us here. Turns out his wife died in the Tsunami. Very sad. They have an 8 year old son.

Well, here we are. At our absolute favourite hotel in the world. This place is highly recommended, especially for couples. I am definitely plugging this hotel in the magazine, although I was not assigned to. As soon as we came, they knew our names! They even took the effort to give us the exact same room that we stayed in two years ago! Thanks Hana and Ryan for recommending this wonderful place! Here's their website again.

My first jumping pic of this vacation!

Tomorrow, we are taking a snorkelling tour to Phi Phi Islands. It is definitely now that I wish I had this camera... The main reason I didn't buy it was that, in the highest settings, the video clips were only 10 seconds long! Strange...we do however have an inexpensive underwater digital...we'll see how good the photos are...I'm still bringing the Canon, though the SLR will remain at the hotel.

No comments: