Sunday, July 13, 2008

Last day in 604, Stevie Wonder concert

Finally had a chance to buy a new camera today, the canon sd1100IS. Though it has a smaller screen than my previous sd630, I could tell right away the improvements. The video setting is also improved. I'm going back to having a viewfinder with a 2.5 inch screen instead of no viewfinder and a 3 inch. Don't get me started about where I got it though (VISIONS), that's another post...
Old (6mp), new (8mp)

Screen: Old (3 inches), new (2.5 inches)

You can see the obvious difference in screen size, but I'll be able to use the viewfinder in direct sunlight.
And when the battery is low, I can turn off the screen. You can't go wrong with a CANON!

Went to see Stevie Wonder (Thanks Mary and Mike!). He was MUCH better than George Michael. His daughter Aisha Morris even went up and sang, after which he immediately sang Isn't she lovely? for her. It was great. The entire stadium danced through all his oldies, including Superstition and You are the sunshine of my life. My friend Vania even mentioned that, where she was located, the concrete floor was shaking!


For dinner afterward, I went and picked up some good old Sweet and Sour Pork (one of my faves) from Golden Oscar, where we order lunch at school every Wednesday. This was my last-minute craving.

Well, we leave in 12 hours. Guess we'll see you on the other side!

Oh yeah, I totally recommend these (Thanks, Vania):
I've taken these NO JET-LAG PILLS the last 2 big trips to Asia and Europe and they TOTALLY work. You need to take a pill every two hours while on the flight. They are available from any health food store. $12.99.
We'll see how they work this time around.

Update: We stayed up after arriving until 11PM, and woke up at 6:30AM. So far, no effects of jet-lag!

No comments: