Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back in Vancouver!

Well it was a pretty easy journey, for me at least...21 hours!

I pretty much had an all-nighter before we left. Couldn't sleep so I watched reruns of Friday Night Lights and 24. We left for the airport at 6AM. The flight from Singapore to Japan was about 7 hours. Like last time, there were very few passengers on this leg. We each had our own row, and were able to sleep for 5 hours straight! That was a first. Oh yeah, we accidentally packed our jet-lag pills in the check-in. Whoops. Our second plane ended up being an hour delayed. We arrived at 11:30, had lunch with my family (and our dog) and came home soon after.

Here's our dog with her new doghouse that we bought at the airport in Thailand. She did not need any coaxing whatsoever. Anything comfortable and cozy, she'll go for:

Usually, when we come back from trips, our dog gets depressed. This is because we're so busy unpacking that we end up ignoring her. She usually gets 24 hour attention from both sets of parents when we're away...

The wife is already sleeping. I wonder how the jetlag will hit her. I'm going to try to stay up as late as I can. August weather here in Vancouver is a bit gloomy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww! Leila, LUV the new digs!