Tuesday, August 19, 2008

David Cook: Always be my baby



This was one of my favourite songs (originally sung by Mariah Carey) during high school. When we were shopping (what else) in Bangkok AND Singapore, I heard this song over and over again, but remade by a guy! I googled it tonight and found out it was American Idol winner David Cook. I actually like this version, and already got the guitar chords. Instead of dropping the tuning to Eb, I capo`ed 2 on David Crowder`s EAEEBE tuning. After listening to it again more closely, I found the acoustic guitar a bit annoying. The strum is only on the quarter notes! Oh well...

Speaking of David Crowder, I just found out that he`ll be playing in Vancouver at Passion`s World Tour in October. I got tickets, but you`re supposed to be either between 18-25 or a ministry leader. I`m going to bring either some students or some of my younger worship team members haha. I`ve seen Chris Tomlin (Passion`s main guy) probably 6 times. I was sooo close to seeing him in Kuala Lumpur on August 3rd. It was the wife`s birthday, so it probably wouldn`t have been a good idea to travel to a city that she isn`t entirely fond of.

No comments: