Saturday, August 16, 2008

Shopping in Seattle plus Thailand SHIMS

Here's the English Bay photo from the second day back from Asia.

Granville Island

Here's our dog trying out her new bag. She didn't like being carried in it but putting it in a shopping cart was fine for her.

What the ???? I would LOVE to prank call this vietnamese restaurant

The latest to my ever-growing shoe collection. Check the price! Here are my two new pairs I bought in Bangkok (the in-laws are bringing them back for me in a week!)
Shopping in the states is quite a bit different. Whereas I'm a medium and even sometimes a large in Asia, I can barely fit the small sizes here. When I was at the new H&M at Westfield South Center, I noticed that the size on a tag said "US Small"...but the sweater was huge!
H&M is my favourite store while shopping in Europe, but I'm not really feeling the new versions here in Seattle and Vancouver. They seem to carry a lot of the lower end stuff, L.O.G.G. and not enough of the nicer stuff. Prices are still pretty good though. The new section of Southcenter is pretty cool though. Huge restaurants and a bunch of new stores.

Political incorrectness part deux:
Remember my post about the Thai girlfriends? Well, I wasn't gonna do this, but here's a pic of a group of European guys who picked up a group of Thai girls and took them on Vacation in Phuket. Notice the person in the white top/blue jeans...yeah...that's a guy. I took many looks at (his!) adam's apple. It was definitely there.

Another one of the many couples...she saw me take a pic: oops.

1 comment:

Flo said...

haha i played this game in England, but we were taking pics of people in the school uniforms...