Monday, August 11, 2008

Last day: Malaysia day trip...Goin home...

Today we drove to Malaysia to the town of Johor Bahru. We also visited Kota Tinggi, which features a waterfall of 36 metres, 40 kms away from JB, as the locals call it. The journey back to Singapore took quite a while, and was quite an adventure, as you really have to be an aggressive driver. 4 lanes merged to 2, then back to 6 or 7 at the border...you can say that the system is nowhere near as organized as the CANADA-US border. We saw tons of people returning back to Malaysia from working in Singapore, walking across the border. We also saw HUNDREDS of motorcyclists, waiting to cross back to Malaysia. I was too late in taking out my camera to grab a video.


Here's me at dinner at a seafood restaurant, hoping not to get any stains on my shirt while eating crab!

This is some of the family at a huge Ben and Jerry's after dinner.

Me, the wife, and cousin L

Here's the dessert stall at the huge mall at J.B. Can you believe I did NOT eat an ICE KACHANG?


Wow...I can't believe it's actually time to fly home...it's been a great month of traveling. Thanks for reading the blogs...especially Jerson and Lizbeth, our regular readers! There are a lot of you lurkers out there, seemingly from all over the planet (check out the clustr map at the bottom!)...besides ANGE, not many people have left comments! (Thanks!)

It didn't seem like we visited too much here in Singapore. But the fact is, Singaporeans love to eat, and there PLENTY of places to eat! I've been told not many of them even need to cook much at all! The wife and I will definitely miss the abundance of food options here. I'll try to post a video soon of a typical Singapore hawker center, pictured here:

We leave for the airport in 4.5 hours (It's 1:23AM!). Our flight arrives at 10:45AM, so we'll really see if the NO JETLAG pills work. My goal is to stay up until about 8PM. Tell me, what are some tv shows that I should catch up on?

So we'll see you all when we arrive back in Vancouver.

Let's hope Les Parisiens start blogging here soon!

No comments: